I have been feeling pretty blech for a couple weeks now. Most days I am really tired and don't get much exercise outside of karate and stick class. I keep telling myself I'll get back in the groove once the second trimester comes and the worst of this is over. For now, blastoise and I are watching a lot of HGTV and Supernatural.
Nausea has come almost every day but is the worst at night. I hate throwing up so I really try to do anything to stop it. If I keep something in my stomach at all times I usually do pretty good but I am having some pretty strong aversions to food and smells. I haven't had "cravings" so much as "there is only one thing I can eat right now that I won't immediately yack". These have included cheese sticks, bagels with cream cheese, cream cheese wontons and spring rolls, bean burritos, and chicken strips, but not always consistently. Apples and carrots are pretty regularly on the good list so that's where I get most of my "good" food. Again, I tell myself that I will go back to a balanced diet in a few weeks but for now I'm just trying to stay alive. I do take a prenatal vitamin every day, so I hope that helps!

Nick has been the best husband ever, making sure I eat even if it means that he has to make a quick run to the store. He has also been very tolerant of mood swings and the one or two crazy pregnant lady meltdowns I've had so far. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He is going to be a great dad!
A quick shout out to La Croix water:
I also had a cold this past week and wanted something cold and bubbly for my throat. Sugary things haven't been sitting well in my stomach so I was going to pick up some seltzer water. Nick came to the rescue again, suggesting La Croix. Bubbly with no sugar but a little flavor, it's great for a cold AND a sick tummy. I love it!
Basically, right now I am feeling crabby and sick and very selfish about it. I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms and know it was all worth it!



No comments:
Post a Comment