Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

10-11 weeks - The Swellening

Baby is about the size of a prune and on its way to lime. The giant head of early fetus-dom is starting to become more proportionate to the rest of the body. Vital organs are formed and starting to function, and little fingernails and tooth buds are on their way!

How am I feeling? I have periods where I start to feel like a human again but then I'll smell something or see something or even think something food related and BLECH.   I had several good days in Alaska this past week (more on that in a future post) but Blastoise reminded me of his/her presence very strongly at the end of the week. I'm also very, very tired lately. Housework has hit an all-time low, even with Nick taking on far more than he should.

I always swore I would never post belly pictures on the internet, but if I'm not okay with my body then I can't expect anyone else to be.

Week 6:

Week 10: 

None of that pooch is baby. I would say it mostly consists of bagels and chinese food.  I also went from sparring 2-3 times a week to none, and I haven't dragged myself out to run in a few weeks either. In the next few weeks, as baby and uterus start to move up in my abdomen, I will have a more recognizable baby bump. Hopefully by then I will also be able to eat a better variety of food and exercise more. I have been making it to karate 3 times a week and everyone there has been very understanding of my new limitations, and I plan to pick up a prenatal yoga dvd here soon. Once I can get off the couch that is....


And now, because Nick keeps asking, here are the top three things I plan to eat once I have my body to myself again:

1. Pastrami sandwich, cold, with mustard
2. Brie with jalapeno jelly
3. Sushi from our favorite restaurant Sushi Zensai

Honorable mention goes to ice cream. All of it. I want to swim in a tub of it. You think I'm kidding but I'm not (anything with sugar makes me very ill right now). 


No comments:

Post a Comment