Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Taking all bets!

18 weeks - baby is the size of a bell pepper  (or a sweet potato, but those are pretty inconsistently shaped). She/he is busy getting bigger and fatter and cuter, while learning how to yawn, swallow, and hiccup. She/he is also doing major gymnastics in there.

I can feel little flutters on most days, and once or twice I have felt a big roundhouse kick.They aren't regular though, so I just have to wait around and hope Lil Bubs will hit me somewhere good.  Nick hasn't been able to feel anything on the outside yet. He's pretty bummed, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Here's my belly pic for 18 weeks. Definitely poking out a bunch now! I don't feel so creepy looking in the baby section at stores anymore!  Nick got me/us that bear for Valentine's Day, so when Bubs is born we can take his/her picture with it while he/she grows.




We're coming up on the time when we will announce the baby's gender, probably in the next week or so. I am officially taking bets on whether Baby Humphrey is a boy or a girl!  The deal is, if you guess correctly you get bragging rights. If you guess wrong, you have to send Nick and me $10.  Pretty sweet deal I think.  :-)

6 comments:

  1. I had a dream it was a boy last week! So i'm going with a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to guess that it is an adorable little girl :)

    Bring it on auntie Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is going to be a boy. G-Ma Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its gotta be a boy! I can't wait to be an uncle and spoil that little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely adorable with that little belly! I can't decide between boy or girl....hmmmmmm....I guess I'll say boy. Either way it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandpa Chris thinks it is going to be a boy.

    ReplyDelete