Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

16 weeks - Mamma Mia!

The baby is the size of an avocado (yum) (the avocado, not the baby).   He or she has developed the tiny ear bones needed for hearing so now when I talk, it has to listen. Bwahaha! It can't get away! He or she is also forming taste buds and growing eyebrows and eyelashes.

I am feeling much much better. As in I only feel like total butt 40% of the time, instead of 100% of the time. And it's been almost two weeks since I threw up! Hooray!  I even cooked dinner tonight, which I haven't done in MONTHS (let's not talk about how I forgot how the timer on the stove works...).



This past weekend, my mom and I went to see Mamma Mia in Denver. If you haven't heard of it, it's a musical composed of entirely ABBA songs. Very peppy and fun, I highly recommend it.  We had a good time and I got some new maternity clothes in the bargain!

Imagine this, but with singing.


Anyway, it had snowed very heavily the day before and was supposed to continue snowing through the weekend. Nick, in another show of manly awesomeness, drove Lil Bubs and I down to Denver and dropped us off. He then went to a friend's house to hang out until the play was over and came back to pick us up.  He's my hero.  I have a hard time driving in the snow normally, but with all the extra hormones I was having a straight-up freak out.

Later that night, when we got home, I was humming ABBA tunes to myself and I felt the little bubbles that everyone tells me is the baby kicking! It could have been gas, but I prefer to think the baby loves showtunes!

1 comment:

  1. I cherish the times we have gone to the theater together!!! xoxoxo You and little thumb sucking bubba will make your special treasured time together xoxoxo! so adorable my gbebe

    ReplyDelete