Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Week 29 - Attack of the belly pics!

Bubs is the size of an acorn squash. At our ultrasound last week, they estimated he was about 3 pounds, so exactly average. He is probably not going to get much longer at this point but will gain a lot more adorable fat. He is also hiccuping!
26 weeks
28 weeks - baby's first Easter bunny!
 Bubs may be average, but mom is much smaller than average and we are both running out of room (him to move around and me for bodily functions like breathing and digesting food). He likes to camp out on my right side, right under my ribs. Sometimes Nick can even see pieces of him poking out the side. It's pretty uncomfortable so I "negotiate" with him to move back to the middle of my belly (I push on him until he moves).


I am still epically tired most of the time and the heartburn gets pretty bad, but that's nothing compared to the back pain. Since I am carrying all up front, the muscles and joints in my back and hips get super sore. Luckily, Nick learned some great massage techniques in our childbirth class.

29 weeks - my birthday. Nick took me to see Spiderman. 
Speaking of how Nick is helping me out, I am running out of clothes that still fit over my belly (even maternity clothes I bought a few months ago...eek!). I am pretty apathetic about going shopping when I am so tired and I would like to save the money anyway, so I have raided Nick's closet. Some of his t shirts are starting to feel tight on my belly but I'm going to milk it for all it's worth. Maybe we'll have a "who wore it better" contest!

I haven't had a lot of cravings recently, other than candy. This kid sure does have a sweet tooth! I am also still pretty happy when I have potatoes as well. I am still finding out what random foods give me heartburn so my diet is getting pretty creative.
29 weeks with the crib (now full of diapers from Nick's work shower)

Since I am getting a lot more couch time these days, Bubs and I were watching a lot of HGTV. However, this was giving me ideas for changing things around the house and was not good for Nick's mental health. Hahaha. So now I am addicted to cooking competition shows on the Food Network. My favorite is the Kitchen Casino show but Chopped is on more often. These shows don't even really make me hungry or inspire me to cook, but I can't seem to get enough! I think the repetitiveness calms me down.  When I start demanding that Nick make me something delicious from random ingredients, I'm sure he'll insist I watch something else...have I mentioned I've seen Frozen about 6 times?
Almost 30 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment