I am still feeling better than the first trimester, but the heartburn and fatigue and really starting to get to me. Add to that the fact that I have the worst time sleeping, and you can (hopefully) understand why it's been so long between blog posts. I'm also a little anemic so that just adds to the fatigue. To make up for it, this is going to be a long one.
My dad and stepmom came up a couple weeks ago to help with the nursery. I couldn't decide on a dresser in time, so they mostly helped us move furniture out. We did finally get that dresser but the room still seems so empty! Can't wait to fill it with adorable tiny things!
![]() |
| This is from 23 weeks. I will be sure to get a 26 week pic soon! |
Cravings: Mostly the past few weeks I have been craving sweets. Bubs is a little sugar fiend. He loves root beer in particular, but also candy and ice cream. Sugar almost always gets him to kick, so I'm tempted in more ways than one.
I try to trick him with fruit, but almost everything gives me heartburn at this point. I'm down to apples and pears for fruit, and carrots, corn, and peas for vegetables. I am also obsessed with cereal (especially when Nick is hiding the ice cream).
![]() |
| I have gone through three boxes of this is the last week alone. |
Glucose test: Speaking of sugar, I had the dreaded glucose tolerance test a couple weeks ago. While the taste wasn't as bad as I was expecting, the after effects were intolerable. I spent an hour at the doctor's trying not to throw up. I was NOT going to come back and take the test again. Luckily, I passed!
Kicks: Bubs is turning into a very active little man. I can feel him somersaulting and flailing about most often mid morning (just in time for meetings at work). We can even see my belly move when he kicks now. It's so cool! I try putting things on there for him to kick but of course that's when he needs a nap. Little stinker.
Shout out of the week (month): swimming! I started swimming a week or so ago, and it is AMAZING. I don't do hardcore laps or anything, but just getting some exercise is nice. Sometimes I just walk back and forth in the lane and enjoy not having gravity pulling on my belly for a while.
![]() |
| Does this count as a 25 week picture? |





No comments:
Post a Comment