Baby is the size of a plum. Most critical systems have formed and baby has reflexes. That means if I poke my uterus, it will react and wiggle a little. I can't feel it yet but it's neat to think about!
My belly has definitely popped recently, but due to continuing (never-ending, please god won't it stop) nausea, I haven't really gained enough weight to need new pants. I picked up a Bella Band for the one pair of jeans that doesn't quite button anymore and a few new, looser shirts for work.
Nick and I went to see his family in Alaska for Christmas. This was a planned hatched last Christmas, while Nick was on the phone with his grandparents. They decided to keep it a secret, which we managed to keep for a whole year, including a trip to Hawaii with Nick's parents and sisters. Once we got to Alaska, we stayed with his grandparents for a few days and helped them prepare for the big family get together on Christmas Eve.
![]() |
| Beautiful views once the sun comes up. |
Nick's dad and sisters even came up by the house to place a light on the mountain behind it, but they didn't see us and we didn't see them. So sneaky!
Turns out most of the family actually knew we were coming by the time we got there, except for Nick's parents and sisters. We have a great reaction video of them walking in the door and seeing us for the first time.
Little did they know, we had something else up our sleeves...
The whole family does a gift exchange at the end of the evening. We waited until all the gifts had been passed out, then Nick ran upstairs to our room to grab gifts that I "forgot" to bring down. Nick's parents, sisters, and grandparents received custom onesies we made, saying things like "Grandpa Chris Loves me" or "Aunt Michelle Loves Me". The scene was a bit chaotic and people were confused at first. Nick's mom opened her gift first but she didn't understand what it meant. Aunt Kristin was the first one to really get it, and then people started to understand. Everyone was very excited! It's a good thing no one has a heart condition, there were lots of surprises that night.
I sent my family onesies to open on Christmas day, and Nick's grandparents in Arizona got a pair as well. Everyone will hang on to their onesies for now. They can bring them for the baby to wear when they come visit!



Great video! I wish Eric and I could have videoed our response, but were taken pleasantly by surprise. A lot of screaming with joy! Erics friend, Chris, witnessed it first hand and could not stop stop giggling for a few hours. Apparently our reaction was funny. I carry the little onesi around very carefully.
ReplyDelete