Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Barfpocalypse

Week 14 

Baby is the size of a lemon and will continue to grow rapidly over the next few weeks!  He/she is probably already sucking his/her thumb, getting those nursing muscles ready.  Baby also has grown thin peach fuzz hair all over his/her body to keep him/her warm. Although, a Nick baby probably has a thick coat of bear fur!

I am starting to feel better.  Or rather, I am forcing myself to feel better. I'm sick of the first trimester nasties. I do have a little more energy and can go several hours at a time without feeling nauseous. I still have my bad days though, but I feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I can't wait to feel better and start setting up the nursery!

Possible theme? I like the stars.

Now let us travel back in time a few weeks. Friday night, after a long day of work. Still having trouble with cooking smells, so dear husband Nick picks up Chipotle for dinner. I actually eat the whole burrito. Hooray! Food! Calories! Baby will use the beans and rice to make adorable little fingers and toes!

Turns out, no. Baby will squeeze as many nutrients from the meal as possible before mommy wakes up the entire house at 4 am, falling out of bed and throwing up in a grand way all over the bedroom and bathroom. So much so that I slipped and fell in the bathroom, which is the first thing Nick saw when he woke up. He was understandably freaked out.  Once I was done ejecting everything I had eaten that week, I thought I was done and immediately swore off large meals.  I showered and cried while Nick cleaned up (the man is a saint - he went through two entire rolls of paper towels and still decided to stay married to me). 

I set up a nest in the guest room while Nick threw the sheets in the wash. After a few hours of sleep, I would be right as rain, yes? No. The water I had sipped all morning came back up and then the nothing I ate/drank the rest of the day came back up....five more times. Since it was a weekend, I called the nurse line to see if I should go to the hospital or try to wait it out. The nurse suggested sipping juice mixed with water, just a little at a time, so that my stomach thought it was saliva I was swallowing. Nick drove to the store and picked up juice and for several hours, all was well. I was actually starting to feel hungry by that night, so Nick went BACK to the store to pick up food that I thought I could eat. Even though that didn't stay down and I wasn't smelling to great by that point, he still snuggled with me to watch netflix (I don't even remember what we watched). The next day, I was able to keep juice and water down and didn't seem dehydrated. However, I did lose 3 pounds in one day and since I had already lost weight I went in to see the doctor. He said I probably had a stomach bug that was made a lot worse by hormones and was pleased with my pee (weird but true) so I didn't need to check in to the hospital. The best part was I got to hear Lil Bubs' heartbeat on the doppler!   

The moral of the story is that Nick was amazing taking care of me and he is going to be a great father. 
<3



2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention how it snowed 6-inches that night so I had to shovel out the driveway (while it was still snowing) before I drove on the unplowed roads to get to the store...and I would do it all again if I had to <3

    ReplyDelete